Includes first and last nights in a lodge, 8 nights semi-luxury mobile safari, a flight over the Okavango Delta together with a makoro trip and bush walk on Chiefs Island, plus a sunset cruise on the Chobe River. All for less than $399 per person per day.
This classic mobile safari is for those travellers looking for that little bit extra, be they experienced African hands or first timers.
The safari will last 10 days, commencing in Maun, Botswana and ending in Kasane, overlooking the Chobe River and includes:
- Okavango Swamps and Delta
- Moremi Game Reserve
- Chobe Game Reserve
(optionally Victoria Falls or Makgadikdagi/Nxai Pans National Parks)
(This safari can also be run in the opposite direction, ie Kasane to Maun to suit flight or other requirements)
arr Maun. met by Tour Operator
Overnight at a comfortable private lodge outside of Maun, in its own game grounds.
Day flight into Okavango, with makoro ride and bush walk on Chiefs Island with local guides.
Overnight camp at a village campsite in a private concession area adjacent to Moremi Game Reserve.
Days 3 + 4
Enter and camp in Moremi Game Reserve for two nights, the most game rich of all Botswana's National Parks.
Bushcamp adjacent to Moremi Game Reserve on the picturesque Kwai River with its stunning variety of birdlife and other game. All driving in this area can be considered as game drives together with bush walks or night drives.
Days 6 + 7
Drive along the picturesque Khwai River, proceed to Savute camp within the Chobe National Park, one of the few places in Africa where lions have learned to hunt fully grown elephant. Explore Savute area. Look for and track resident lion pride
Days 8 + 9
Drive north to camp for two days on banks of the Chobe River home of some of the biggest herds of elephant in southern Africa. Game drive to explore the river area.
Head for Kasane, the safari town on the Chobe River, in time for an evening sunset river cruise. Overnight at a scenic lodge on the river banks.
Safari ends after breakfast. Dept Kasane Airport
For those who wish to visit nearby Victoria Falls in either Zimbabwe or Zambia, an extra day or two can be added here. Please enquire for details.
A word about this safari
Please note that this is a mobile safari plus safari where a crew will accompany you to make and break camp, cook all meals and do all camp chores. Your role is to sit back and relax. Note that all sleeping equipment is provided incl duvets, sheets and towels.
US$3,995 per person for 10 nights, for a minimum of 3 people.
US$4,495 per person for 10 nights for two people only.
Optionally 6, 12 and 14 day versions of this safari are also available. Please enquire for prices.
The price includes
- ground transport as indicated above.
- exclusive services of crew and guides.
- use of all camping equipment and sleeping gear (duvets, sheets and towels).
- daily or morning and afternoon game drives in tour operator vehicles.
- food and beverages including three meals per day
- beer and wine served around the campfire and with evening meals.
- entry and camping fees to both National Parks and private concession areas.
- a day flight into the Okavango Delta with bush walks and makoro rides
- sunset cruise on Chobe River
- first and last nights in a lodge with en-suite facilities
The price excludes
- airfares and transportation to and from start and end points
- medical, health, loss and evacuation insurances.
- additional activities marked as optional or not specifically included.
-visas and other governmental levies
- extras (eg laundry) in lodges
-bar bills and alcoholic drinks in lodges
- gratuities and tips