Experience Tanzania off the beaten path on this active wildlife and cultural safari. An encounter with the Hadzabe people, the last bushmen in Tanzania, and the Maasai people, and view wildlife in the vast plains of Serengeti and in the Majestic Ngorongoro Crater.
This safari takes you through the highlights of the unrivalled Parks of Northern Tanzania. This region has a natural abundance of wildlife, and protects the annual migration of millions of animals across these northern reaches. You start at Lake Manyara National Park, an ornithologists’ paradise that is also noted for the elusive tree-climbing lions. Then to Serengeti, probably the most famous wildlife sanctuary in the world. Serengeti is a big game haven that also hosts over 3 million large mammals! You then head to Ngorongoro Crater, which supports a year round resident population of a variety of wildlife. It is an attraction in its own right and is one of the wonders of the natural world. You then close at Tarangire, famous for its dense wildlife population. You will visit Experience Tanzania off the beaten path on this active wildlife and cultural safari. An encounter with the Hadzabe people, the last bushmen in Tanzania, and the Maasai people, and view wildlife in the vast plains of Serengeti and in the Majestic Ngorongoro Crater.
DAY 1: Arusha.Monduli
Leave Arusha at 8:30am for Masai visit North of Arusha (Monduli).Stay in the village and enjoy the barbeque which will be prepared by a Masai warrior.
Dinner and over night at hotel. FB
DAY 02: Lake Manyara
After breakfast, drive to Lake Manyara National Park for game viewing. Stay overnight at Lodge or campsite on full board basis.
DAY 03: Lake Eyasi
After breakfast visits the Bushmen at Lake Eyasi. Stay overnight at Lake Eyasi Bush campsite on full board basis.
DAY 04: Lake Eyasi
Cultural tourism to the Datoga people of the Lake Eyasi. Stay overnight at Lake Eyasi bush campsite on full board basis.
DAY 05: Serengeti National Park
After breakfast depart for Serengeti passing through Olduvai Gorge the archeological site of Leakey's family. Stay overnight at Lodge or campsite on full board basis.
DAY 06: Serengeti National Park and Ngorongoro Crater
Leave the Serengeti National Park after breakfast and depart for Ngorongoro Conservation Area Authority, one of the natural wonders of the world. Meals and stay overnight at Lodge or campsite on full board basis.
DAY 07: Ngorongoro Crater / Arusha
Descend in to the Crater for 6 hours Crater tour. This 100 square mile natural amphitheatre is host to an astonishing array of wildlife and you may be lucky enough to see rhino, elephant, lion, buffalo as well as large herd's zebras and wildebeest. A picnic lunch will be taken in to the Crater. Later in the afternoon drive back to Arusha for dinner and overnight at hotel. FB
Day 8: Elikidinga
After breakfast, full day walking tour to Ilkidinga village visiting the local Maasai and Waarusha on the slopes of Mt. Mara. Visits to the local school, dispensary, Maasai women group, traditional Maasai healer, waterfalls, crops fields, etc. This is one of the best cultural tours in Arusha and includes a hot Maasai lunch. Return to lodge/hotel in the evening ready for next day safari.
DAY 9: Marangu
After break fast transferred to the foot of Kilimanjaro where the beautiful towns of Marangu and Mamba lies. Here, local people have planned various walking tours through valleys and numerous waterfalls depicting mountain village life. Enjoy the panoramic scenes of and natural beauty of Kilimanjaro. Tours can include the following:
- Guided tours leading to panoramic viewpoints ideal for photography of waterfalls and Mount Kilimanjaro
- Chance to pass historical sights from clan wars and ancient legends including large hiding caves used during the Chagga - Maasai wars
- Visit to local blacksmiths who continue using ancestral methods to prepare Maasai spears and tools
- Opportunity to experience Chagga culture with a visit to a traditional Chagga house, Dinner and over night at Marangu hotel.
DAY 10: Marangu - Arusha
After break fast, at leisure till lunch time, after lunch transferred to the Airport to connect your flight back home.
- All park entrance fees
- Transport on 4WD vehicle with the pop-up roof, which enable you to spot wildlife easier
- Accommodation based on three meals a day
- Crater fees
- 2 airport transfers
- Camping fees
- Mineral water 1.5lt per person per day
- Salary for the Professional English Drive Guide
- Activities as per itinerary above.
- International flight
- Accommodation on arrival and night after safari in Arusha town (we can arrange on request)
- Airport transfers (we can arrange on request)
- Hot and cold drinks
- Hot Air Balloon ride over Serengeti, book with us for USD 499 per person
- Flying doctors insurance, we can arrange for USD 50 per person
- Tips to the driver/guide and all items of personal nature/use
- And all not mentioned in the itinerary above