Dar es Salaam Reality Cycle
This cycle is a one day cycle, it concentrates on the poorest areas of Dar es Salaam which one will never see on their way around Dar es Salaam through the big busy highways. It is a fairly relaxed cycle through Mwenge, Mwananyamala, Kinondoni, Manzese, Kigogo and finished off with a drink and a taste of local cuisine at Club Afri Centre.
Start at 8.30am Millennium Tower, New Bagamoyo Road.
Finish around 1 - 2pm depends with pace of the clients.
Total distance 19km.
Things to see:
- Dar residence of Makumbusho, Swahili neighborhood of Mwananyamala, Manzese, Kigogo.
- Ghetto movie thietre.
- See preparation of Swahili coffee, from the preparation of coffee beans to famous candy known as KASHATA.
- Market tour. etc.
NOTE: This cycle trip can be organized on request for individuals or groups any day of the week.
- Hire of good mountain bicycle and your guide for the day.
- International and local flights
- Airport transfers
- Any accommodation in Dar es Salaam (We can arrange it for you on request)
- Expedition Essentials
Wear clothes suitable for cycling, bring a raincoat and sunhat and sun cream if fair-skinned. You can bring or buy along the way, water, fruits and lunch.